Telecom Expert (f/m/d)
- DB Engineering&Consulting GmbH
- Vollzeit (Dauer: Regular Employee)
- Bengaluru (Bangalore)
Railways for the world of tomorrow.
Deutsche Bahn’s expertise is in high demand all around the world. As a leading engineering and consulting company in the rail sector, DB Engineering & Consulting offers that knowledge – starting with an idea and continuing all the way to operations. We advise our customers in Germany and around the globe, develop technically sophisticated and customized infrastructure, mobility and transport solutions. With sustainable concepts, we ensure the future success of economic regions, make important contributions to the protection of the environment and help shape the world of the future.
Since 1966, DB Engineering & Consulting has implemented thousands of projects of any size and complexity in over 100 countries. About 5,000 employees from 84 nations are currently realizing the projects of our customers with professional knowledge and intercultural experience.
For this Project in Bangalore , we are looking for a Telecom Expert .
- Provide designs in support of communications infrastructure primarily for German & also for International Railway projects.
- Support and develop telecommunications design deliverables such as system overview drawing, conceptual, preliminary, and detailed designs, layout drawings, wiring drawings, cable lists, rack layouts, storage & bandwidth calculations.
- Define cable routing in Stations / along tracks and prepare cable layout drawings.
- Prepare IP-device charts with device-name, location, IP-addresses
- Prepare bill of quantity lists based on layout drawings and overview drawings
- Calculate power demand (power supply, earthing, HVAC)
- Understanding of design and installation of telecommunications systems involving Fibre Optic and Copper cabling backbones and distribution, CCTV, PA, Passenger Information Displays, Fire Alarms, Intrusion Detection and Access Control, communications rooms, Human Machine Interfaces (HMI), LAN/WAN and Wi-Fi network architecture, TETRA / GSM-R.
- Experience in various project phases such as conceptual, preliminary, and detailed design etc.
- Ability to interpret architectural, electrical, and mechanical layouts related to telecommunications.
- Working knowledge of European, British and Railway standards.
- Hands on experience will be an added advantage.
- Experience in AutoCAD / MS Visio will be an added advantage
- Master / Bachelor’s degree in Electronics & Communication / Telecommunication or equivalent qualification or work experience in a relevant area.
- Relevant Experience (years): 3 to 6 Years in Railways / Metro Rail Projects. Experience in international projects is an advantage.
- Excellent, proven knowledge and experience in telecommunications engineering, with design abilities in railway or related communications and security systems.
- Ability / Desire to work successfully with multi-cultural teams across different countries with little to no supervision.
- Should be conversant with the use of MS Office suite, Adobe Acrobat / PDF-Exchange Editor.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- German language skills would be an added advantage but not mandatory.
- Desire to learn German Language.
In case you match the profile and are interested in a complex task within the transport sector, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please state your earliest possible availability as well as your salary expectations.
Please note that your application will be saved and used in electronic form as a part of the application process for this position.
Thank you for considering DB Engineering & Consulting as prospective employer!