Solution Architect (*)
- Schenker AG
- Vollzeit (Dauer: Unbefristet)
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
- Independently and proactively learn new technologies and systems with a focus on their business benefits.
- Proactively operate as solution designer from an IT perspective working closely with the IT Demand Manager to propose solutions that are defined in terms of costs and timelines.
- Engage with system architects to ensure we enhance the IT product solutions according to gaps identified when defining solutions for IT demands and to meet expectations of the market in terms of capability as assessed through the IT demand and IT support teams.
- Analyse, define and document operational processes and scenarios, and business requirements for IT Solution and determine what is required to progress through the development life cycle
- Communicate effectively with senior business and IT management
- Have and build extensive knowledge of the IT CL solutions within Schenker and pro-actively network with those IT teams and competence centers involved in the actual development, implementation and support of the IT CL solutions to streamline the solution design process.
- Ensure project management and other deliverables are conducted and aligned with applicable standards for ITM L (Demand 2 Benefit and CLDM).
- Assist in developing standard content and solution management tools to allow faster turnaround of demand enquiries
- MBA or equivalent degree / Relevant experience
- Business process, systems analysis
- Contract and tender management (background to understand time and information constraints)
- Procedures and practices in IT and in the relevant business areas
- The business functions of the DB Schenker’s IT services
- Experience of defining business processes, scenarios and solution requirements
- Detailed knowledge of at least one Warehouse Management System - ideally SAP EWM, Infor SCE, BlueYonder or IMI, and ideally within DB Schenker
- Solution development life cycle (incl. DB Schenker CLDM)
- Appreciation of capabilities of relevant technologies
- Self-motivator that can work without regular instructions and take ownership of tasks
- Project management experience
- Innovative, seeking new ways to improve
- Good communicator in written and spoken English
- Strong on service delivery to internal stakeholders
Do you have any further questions?
Do not hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to receiving your call/email!
Phone: +49 201-8781-5525
* Equal Opportunity Employer: at DB Schenker we are proud of our diverse workforce and we are committed in enhancing it further. Therefore, we welcome all applicants, regardless of gender, age, disability, nationality, religion or sexual orientation.