At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Position Description Summary:
The primary responsibility is to utilize a sit-down powered industrial truck with a layer pick attachment to pick product by layer for specific customer orders. This position will also require utilizing other powered material handling equipment, warehouse management system (WMS), and radio frequency (RF) equipment to load, unload, store, and retrieve food products. In addition to the material handling equipment, this position may also require the use of: propane tank, propane tank cart, battery changer, stretch wrapper, trash compactor, dock plates, trailer locking device, and other equipment as designated. All work must be completed in a safe, efficient, accurate, and damage free manner. This is done to meet customer orders/needs for food products.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
I. Certification on material handling equipment: Completing Powered Industrial Truck (PIT)training with attachments and successfully passing the testing procedure and receiving PIT license/certification to operate the material handling equipment.
II. Utilizing Warehouse Management System (WMS): Successfully completing required training for the use of WMS, which involves the use of the radio frequency unit (computer unit with physical keyboard). The WMS requires being able to read and understand the English language.
III. Operating a PIT which could be a sit down with layer pick attachment, sit down with pull-pack attachment, sit-down truck with fork attachment, pallet jack, or rotation from one to the other:
1. Standing or sitting for long periods of time (up to 12 hours a day) in a mid-sized area.
2. Continuous and repetitive use of feet to control accelerator and brake pedals on a sit-down PIT; Using hand and wrist (in a twisting action) to control accelerator on pallet jack PIT.
3. Continuous and repetitive turning of a steering apparatus either the shape of a steering wheel (on a sit down) or a tiller bar (on a pallet jack), which requires some pressure to move.
4. Continuous and repetitive pushing and pulling of control levers (similar to car gear lever) on a sit-down PIT.
5. Climbing up into and down from the sitting position on a sit-down forklift. Stepping up to and stepping down from the riding position on a pallet jack.
6. Safely operating PIT equipment in a fast paced, high traffic environment that includes pedestrian traffic.
IV. Picking product:
Picking product utilizing PIT with layer pick attachment in designated layer pick aisle.
Individually lifting cases from weights of 5 to 50 pounds on a regular basis, everyday (up to 12 hour day). Heights will be as low as ground level to as high as six (6) feet.
1. Picking requires you to lift, pull, push, and manipulate the product in many ways to enable you to get to the pallet and get the product onto the pallet.
2. Continuously using a radio frequency unit during the assigned shift. This requires using a scanner, which is shaped similar to a handgun, with a squeeze type trigger to actuate. The radio frequency unit also requires using a physical keyboard to input information.
3. All picking requires controlled lifting, turning, and twisting from low and high places.
1.Meet or exceed established standards for safety, quality, and productivity.
2.Must be able to meet a minimum cases picked expectation per hour. A training and development period will be set by management.
3.Adhere to Schenker company policies
4.Complete safety inspections of all equipment prior to use.
5.Maintain equipment in a functional condition and reporting any unsafe operating conditions immediately.
6.Verifying item numbers, case counts, code dates; removing damaged product from pallets and properly documenting and discarding of damaged product.
7.Creating and maintaining a clean and sanitary working environment; and inspecting all trailers prior to entering to ensure safety and cleanliness.
The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
This is an intermediate level position. Good interpersonal skills required. Position requires attention to detail and the ability to maintain forklift certification. High school diploma or equivalent required. Generally prefer 2-4 years of experience. Must be familiar with OSHA regulations, able to operate a variety of equipment such as a forklift and a computer, and have strong organizational, inventory and accounting skills.
Must have the ability to work in a dry warehouse (not climate controlled)--- may be warm in the summer and cool in the winter.
Jetzt ganz einfach online den Bewerbungsprozess starten.