Global Category Manager Logistics Equipment (*)
- Schenker AG
- Einkauf / Beschaffung
- Vollzeit (Dauer: Unbefristet)
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.Global Procurement is part of the Global Spend Management Organization at DB Schenker. With our 140 people worldwide, we take charge of the entire global indirect spend for all Business Units and Legal Entities around the globe. Indirect Spend comprises all categories under Corporate Services, Logistics Procurement and IT Procurement.With a global acting organization, we jointly optimize the opportunities of global markets and ensure best value from our suppliers for our business needs. Global Procurement at the Schenker Head Office is responsible to perform the Strategic Category Management and steer our worldwide organization based on Schenker’s business needs and market trends. With our Global set-up, we can offer our people great opportunities do further develop inside or outside our function.For our Team “Logistics Procurement”, we are looking for a passionate Global Category Manager (*) to join.
- Global Category Management for various Sub-Categories in the field of logistics equipment, such as Warehouse Automation & Robotics Technologies, Warehouse Equipment & Accessories, Warehouse Packing, Volume/Weight Scanning Devices
- Developing, reviewing and implementing category strategies and execution plans, including their validation with the respective internal stakeholders
- Continuously incorporating new technologies and innovations from an evolving supply market, e.g. alternative propulsions, robot solutions, and help to integrate these into the existing logistics infrastructure
- Orchestration of all global, regional and local activities in regards of the defined sub-categories
- Leading and conducting strategic sourcing initiatives, including tender frameworks, negotiations, supplier evaluation and selection, and ensuring process compliance and high level of internal customer satisfaction in line with the company and Business Unit strategies
- Executing strategic supplier relationship management with key existing and potential future suppliers
- Defining P2P (Purchase-To-Pay) strategy, including buying channels, content strategy and necessary compliance checks
- Executing Global contracts and implementing these into Schenker’s existing infrastructure in related regions and countries
- Identifying supplier risk areas and quantifying exposure to risk areas for globally managed categories and executing risk mitigation actions
- Expertise and experience in Strategic Sourcing of production systems and handling equipment, ideally in the field of logistics and/or supply chain operations
- Deep understanding of the related technology elements of the beforementioned including the knowledge about the respective supplier landscape to ensure a holistic assessment of the product competitiveness
- Knowledge of Robotics as a Service solutions desirable
- Passion for new approaches and innovation in the field of both category landscape and Procurement methodology
- University degree or comparable training/professional qualification
- Highly team-oriented with strong intercultural and interdisciplinary stakeholder management skills to ensure close alignments with business, IT and Procurement stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills combining strong collaboration and assertiveness
- Able to work autonomously and effectively with well-structured working approach
- Fluent in English and profound German Skills
Do you have any further questions?
Do not hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to receiving your call/email!
Phone: +49 201-8781-5525
* Equal Opportunity Employer: at DB Schenker we are proud of our diverse workforce and we are committed in enhancing it further. Therefore, we welcome all applicants, regardless of gender, age, disability, nationality, religion or sexual orientation.