Thank you for visiting our website. We are pleased that you are interested in Deutsche Bahn (AG)* as a potential employer. The protection of personal data of applicants**, employees and all third parties connected with us is of particular importance to us.
When processing personal data, Deutsche Bahn takes account of the relevant statutory provisions on privacy and data security applicable in the respective countries, as well as of our internal privacy regulations.
This Privacy Notice provides information on how Deutsche Bahn deals with personal data collected through Deutsche Bahn’s job board web pages, or that you otherwise provide to Deutsche Bahn, due to your application, and explains the handling of your personal data in the course of the application process.
For better clarity, this privacy notice is divided into three sections: The first section A provides general information relevant for all subsidiaries of Deutsche Bahn which use these web pages for their application processes. Country and subsidiary specifics with regard to privacy are then explained in section B. Section C gives you further insights into technically relevant information.
Part A - General Information
1. Which purpose has the personal data collection?
Deutsche Bahn needs your personal data to handle your application. The data you have provided to us in line with your application will only be used and processed for the purpose of applicant selection. For the handling of your application we will only use the information that you have provided to us directly. This may include details that you have stored in online career networks or other job boards.
In addition, it is our goal to make the application process as easy as possible for you. We take your application into account for further positions within our subsidiaries. In this case, we might contact you and invite you to apply for another position if your profile matches. You then decide if you are interested in applying. The same applies for any speculative application that you might have provided to us.
2. Which personal data do we collect?
We record your personal data which is relevant for, or that you provide to us during, the application process (including, but not limited to last name, first name, address, email, position you applied for, and details on your application). To be able to consider your application thoroughly we might also need information on your previous professional career and other similar information.
In order to consider you for other suitable jobs, we will ask you in some cases for your preferences (e.g. regarding preferred locations or job groups).
If our system contains more than one profile of you with an identical e-mail address, the data is automatically merged. Old data will be overwritten by the newer data. All provided/uploaded attachments will be preserved.
In the case of an online application you complete the personal data in the online forms and upload the relevant documents. In the case of other application channels, we record the relevant information from your application and store your application documents.
3. Who processes the information from your application?
Due to the organizational structure of Deutsche Bahn and depending on the method of application chosen by you, your application might be processed by different divisions. In all cases, your personal data will exclusively be processed by the unit that is responsible for recruiting and, if necessary, by service providers which are contractually bound and legally obliged to comply with the applicable privacy regulations.
In your online application for a specific job or to attend a recruitment event, you can, as an external applicant, actively agree to the disclosure of your personal data for other suitable jobs in the same or another group company (both nationally and internationally). If you do not agree or if you cancel your agreement, this means that the application will cease to be considered for other jobs. If you have applied by email or post, we will inform you in the acknowledgement of application that we would also like to check your application against other job offers in the same or another group company. In this regard, we will advise you to notify us if you do not agree to this. Prior to any disclosure of your personal data, we will contact you again to obtain your express consent. You may cancel your agreement to disclosure at any time, by email or post, at the address indicated in Clause 1. If you retract your consent to share your application, the consequence is that your application will no longer be taken into account for other positions.
4. Who is informed about your application?
Your personal data is treated strictly confidentially and will be provided only to the competent persons involved in the recruitment process and to subcontractors which might deliver necessary services during the selection process (e.g. online test suppliers). For more details on subcontractors on a country and subsidiary level please refer to section B.
Should you be considered for employment, the subsequent use or disclosure of your information is limited to general accepted employment-related purposes to those with a need to know. This includes information disclosed to internal or third party providers for required pre-employment check, verification and any legal or regulatory requirements.
If you apply online, we ask you to decide to which extent we are allowed to share your personal data:
- In case you select “nationally”, your profile is visible to Personnel responsible for recruitment within the country in which the position is located or which you have selected as country of interest in the speculative application process.
- In case you select “internationally”, your profile is visible to Personnel responsible for recruitment independent in which country they are located. This means that all responsible employees of all DB Group companies that use this platform for their recruitment purposes, including, if applicable, employees of their respective data processors, have access to your application/profile. You find out to which DB Group companies this actually applies if you turn to the overview of the attached local privacy policies (see Section B).
If you applied using any other application channel besides online application, your personal data will only be shared in the country the job is located in.
You can revise your decision on the visibility of your application at any time, for instance you may decide to withdraw your decision to be visible internationally. If you want to do so, please refer to part B and the respective country and subsidiary specific section for the concrete email address.
5. How can you change your personal data?
In the case of an online application you can access and update your profile and personal information in the job board, including your personal data and added documents, at any time. Furthermore, it is possible to withdraw an application for a position via your profile. If you want us to delete your profile and/or some or all of your applications with immediate effect, please refer to part B for the respective email address to request the deletion. In this case we will also inform any subcontractor (e.g. for online tests) who might have received your personal data and request the instant deletion of your personal data.
6. When is your personal data deleted?
Due to different deletion periods based on the diverse applicable local data protection laws please refer to the relevant paragraph in part B for further details. We will only store your personal data as long as necessary.
7. You have questions about data privacy?
For question and suggestions around the privacy topic please address them to our contact persons in the respective country and subsidiary named in part B.
Part B – Additional Country and Subsidiary Specific Information
Application process at Schenker Global Business Services, Manila
(Legally known as DB Schenker Global Services Asia Pacific, Inc; and Schenker Manila Administrative Competence Center, Inc.)
In addition to the general information provided in Part A the following information are relevant if you submit a job application to Schenker Global Business Services in Manila.
Who is responsible for data collection and processing?
DB Schenker Global Services Asia Pacific, Inc., “the Company” with address at 14th floor BGC Corporate Center, 11th Avenue, corner 30th Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City, Philippines, is the office responsible for collecting and processing your personal data.
The designated data privacy officer is Ms. Alda C. Beato:
If you have any questions to or suggestions on data protection issues relating to our recruitment, please contact us:
Data Protection Officer
DB Schenker Global Services Asia Pacific, Inc.,
Human Resources Department: Talent Acquisition
Keyword Data Privacy
14th floor BGC Corporate Center,
11th Avenue, corner 30th Street,
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City, Philippines
Application process at Schenker Philippines Inc., Schenker Distribution Solu-tions Inc. & Schenker Logistics Inc.
1. Who is responsible for data collection and processing?
Schenker Philippines Inc.,Schenker Distibution Solution Inc, Schenker Logistics Inc. “the company” with address at KM. 19 West Service Road Paranaque City, Philippines are the offices responsible for collecting and processing your personal data.
The designated Data Privacy Officer is Mr. Rodel G. Mayuga:
Schenker Philippines Inc.
Human Resources Department: Recruitment Team
Km. 19 West Service Road Paranaque City
2. On which legal basis and how do we collect your personal data for the pur-poses of a job application? (Supplement to Part A item 1)
The Company collect your personal data for the purpose of handling your application on the legal basis of Sec. 12 (a) to (f) of Data Privacy Act of 2012 and Sec 21 (a) to (f) of the Implementing Rules and Regulations of the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
The Company generally collect personal data that,
- you knowingly and voluntarily provide in the course of or in connection with your employment or job application with us, or via a third party who has been duly authorized by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorized representative”, which may include headhunters, agents, referees ), after (i) you (or your authorized representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorized representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes,
- collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the DPA or other laws.
The Company shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorized by law).
In the case of paper application, the Company will scan your documents and upload them into our recruitment systems. If you are an applicant, your original documents will be stored at the location they were received at for 6 (six) months or as legally required. If you are an employee, your original documents will be stored at the location they were received at for 5 (five) years or as legally required.
In the case of an email application, the Company will input all relevant data into our recruitment systems along with your email content. Your email will be deleted from our mailbox.
3. What data do we collect for the purposes of your application? (Supplemental to Part A item 2)
In relation to your application, the personal data which the Company may collect includes, without limitation, your:
- name, date of birth, nationality, citizenship, and place of birth;
- mailing address, telephone numbers, email address and other contact details;
- resume, educational qualifications, professional qualifications and certifications and employment references;
- employment and training history;
- work-related health issues and disabilities; and photographs
The Company will endeavor only to use the accurate personal data which comes from you personally or through authorized third party, including those data which you make available online for the purposes of describing your professional career (i.e. social media)
When you submit your resume, references and other job application documents to the Company, you declare that the personal data found therein is to the best of your knowledge and belief, true and correct. The inclusion of sensitive personal data in these documents signifies that you expressly consent the Company to the processing of your sensitive personal data for purposes of your job application or employment. To comply with the statutory minimum age, you will be required to provide your age as a pre-requisite to some professions or jobs. If you are a foreign job applicant, the Company will ask your nationality during the application process. If you have any questions regarding the use of your sensitive personal data, please feel free to notify the Company. If we ask you for your desired salutation in the application process, we do so only because we want to address you correctly in our communications.
The Company will collect and process only the accurate personal data about you. You understand that if you provide the Company with false information about you or if you failed to disclose any information to the Company which could affect its decision about whether or not to employ you, any offer of employment may be withdrawn or employment terminated.
4. Who processes the information contained in your application? (Supplement to Part A item 3)
4.1 Disclosure to DB group companies
The authorized member of the Talent Acquisition team of the Company’s Human Resource Department is the initial processor of your information. Your data may be shared to the interviewers involved in the recruitment process and managers in the business area with a vacancy.
For purposes of initial selection, we carry out a binding online pre-employment test relating to the suitability for employment in any current or prospective position within the organization. In carrying out the online test procedure, the Company work out with a contractually bound partner Profiles Asia Pacific, Inc. The information necessary for the invitation and for carrying out the online test procedure (full name only, but when the applicant ask for the result, we also collect the email address), will be passed to Profiles Asia Pacific, Inc. exclusively for this purpose.
When selecting someone for a specific job, and throughout the recruitment process, your application documents will be shared with those responsible for recruitment in the relevant group company.
5. Who is informed about your application? (Supplement to Part A item 4)
When you have selected nationally your data will be shared only within
DB Schenker entities in the Philippines. Other DB Schenker country organizations won’t see your data.
6. When will your personal data be deleted? (Supplement to Part A item 6)
The Company will retain your personal data for as long necessary to fulfill the purpose for which they were collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
We will cease to retain your personal data or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you as soon it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purposes for which the personal were collected, and are no longer necessary for legal purposes.
Also, the Company will delete your data upon request. Please contact the address in indicated in Clause 1, if you require the immediate deletion of your applicant profile.
If you are an applicant, the physical files containing your personal data will be disposed after 6 months following the conclusion of the application process or following completion of the recruitment activities. If you are an employee, the physical files of your personal data shall be destroyed after 5 years following the termination of your employment subject to extension as permitted by applicable laws.
Your personal data will be deleted from the Avature system after 15 years from the date of hiring.
7. Rights of the Data Subject
- The Company take reasonable steps to keep your personal data accurate, complete and up-to-date for the purpose for which it was collected. We also undertake reasonable measures to ensure that our processing of your personal data complies with our Privacy Notice and applicable law.
- You have the right to be informed about the personal data about you that are being processed or stored by the Company. You also have the right to be provided with the required minimum information before the entry of your personal data into the processing system of the Company, or at the next practical opportunity.
- You may have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, but the Company will ask you the reasons for your objection. You may withhold your consent to the processing, in which case the Company shall no longer process your personal data unless it is needed pursuant to a subpoena; the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract or service to which you are a party or when it is necessary in the context of an employer-employee relationship; and the information being processed is due to a legal obligation.
- The Company, may upon written request received from you, provide you with reasonable access to your personal data, and consider a correction of inaccurate personal data with reservation to a reasonable administrative fee as applicable for retrieving your data.
- You may have a right, where appropriate, to request to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of personal data stored about you.
- You also have the right to be indemnified for any damages suffered due to such inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of personal data.
- With regard to personal data that you have made available to us and which is processed by us using automated procedures based on consent or contractual agreement, you have the right to request that this data be transferred to you or, where applicable, to a third party designated by you.
- Insofar as data processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
- You also have a right to complain to the regulatory body. The regulatory body responsible for Schenker Global Business Services, Manila is: National Privacy Commission, 5th Floor Delegation Building, PICC Complex, Roxas Blvd, Pasay, Metro Manila
To exercise your rights as a data subject, simply send an email to the Data Privacy Officer or Recruitment Department at the email addresses indicated in Clause 1. “Who is responsible for data collection and processing?”.
Please also contact this address if you wish to withdraw your agreement to the alternative consideration of your application for other suitable jobs within the group or for the purposes of ensuring the international visibility of your profile/application.
Please do not use the above contact details for sending us your job application. If you have any problems with the online application, please contact us by way of the contact form which is available under menu item "Contact".
Part C – Technical Information
For technical reasons, certain data must be collected and saved when you visit this website. The following data is collected without any action on your part and saved until it is automatically deleted after 10 days:
- IP address from the querying computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the file acessed,
- Website from which the access took place (referrer URL),
- the browser used and in some cases the operating system of your computer.
1. How is your personal data transferred?
The internet server of our provider meets the current security standards. Our aim is to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, publication, change and deletion. Your personal data is transferred to the servers using the security standard, the TLS method.
2. What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files which might store personal data. Cookies can be sent to this website when it is called, allowing the user to be identified. Cookies help users to use internet sites more easily.
2.1 How are cookies used?
This is an information of how and in what manner cookies are used on our sites.
Please note that when you delete all cookies, you are also deleting any opt-out cookies, meaning that you must opt out again.
Cookies that are mandatory for using the site:
Session cookies cannot be deactivated as they are necessary for the usage of this website.
The “PHPSESSID cookie” and the "ScustomPortal-[...] cookie" are used by the platform on stateless protocols as identification criteria to recognize several associated requests of a client and to assign them to one session. In these cookies there is a long alphanumerical ID included which is also stored on the server. In case both IDs match, the client is allowed to send a request to the server. The session and the cookie are destroyed as soon as the page is closed.
3. Use of Adobe Analytics
The information generated by the cookie is transferred to an Adobe server in the USA and stored there. Since a technique for anonymizing your IP address is activated on this website, your IP address will be shortened beforehand. Adobe will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services to us relating to website activity and internet usage. In this way we can see how often which sections and texts on our pages are read and used, and whether the design of our page has an influence on the extent of use. The statistics obtained allow us to improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. Entries made in form fields during the application process are not evaluated with Adobe Analytics.
Adobe provides us with this information only as aggregate data that represents general website usage. The information we receive from Adobe is not personalized nor is it possible to link it to one specific individual.
The legal basis for the use of Adobe Analytics is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
You can object to the creation of the user profiles described above at any time. There are several ways of doing so:
1.) One possibility to object to web analysis by Adobe Analytics is to set an opt-out cookie that instructs Adobe not to store or use your data for web analysis purposes. Please note that with this solution, the web analysis will only not take place as long as the opt-out cookie is stored by the browser. If you would like to set the opt-out cookie now, please click here: http://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html.
2.) You can also prevent the storage of the cookies used for profile creation by setting your browser software accordingly.
Adobe Test and Target
(currently only used on the German career portal)
We use the software Test & Target from the company Adobe. This allows us to perform on two different versions of this website. For this purpose, the software also offers a modified version (e.g. with different content, structure and design) compared to the original version of this website. By comparing the usage of both variants, we can then determine which display our website visitors prefer. For more information about Adobe Test & Target features, visit: https://business.adobe.com/products/target/adobe-target.html.
Under no circumstances does Adobe Test & Target store and process personal data, such as a complete IP address, through this website. Only information that does not allow any conclusions to be drawn about individual persons is processed. The usage behavior is shown cumulatively by quantitative methods. Adobe uses "session cookies" and "permanent cookies". The former are only temporarily stored for the duration of your use of this website. The "permanent cookies" are used to record information about visitors who repeatedly access this website.
Here you can find the privacy statement for Adobe Test & Target: https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/target/ov/c_privacy.html
You can disable Adobe Test & Target on this website by opting out: https://dbsystelentities.d3.sc.omtrdc.net/optout.html
4. Use of YouTube
We want to give you a wide variety of information across media formats. Our website includes embedded YouTube videos. We merely enable a connection to YouTube. YouTube is a service of Google Inc., Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
The privacy-enhanced mode is activated for all YouTube videos on our website. The privacy-enhanced mode is provided by YouTube and ensures that YouTube does not save any cookies containing personal data on your computer. When the website is called up and in the embedding of the videos the IP address is transmitted. This will not be assigned to any other data if before you call up the page you have not logged in to YouTube or another Google service or if you are not permanently logged in.
When you click to play the embedded video, the privacy-enhanced mode means that YouTube saves on your computer only cookies that do not contain any personally identifiable data. These cookies can be disabled in the browser settings and extensions. YouTube sets a session cookie that is deleted when you close your browser.
For more information on the integrated YouTube videos, see YouTube's informational page under: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/171780?hl=en
* To Deutsche Bahn belong all subsidiary companies of Deutsche Bahn AG.
** For reasons of better legibility, the simultaneous use of male and female language forms is dispensed with. However, all descriptions apply to all gender types.