Thank you for visiting our website. We are pleased that you are interested in Deutsche Bahn (AG)* as a potential employer. The protection of personal data of applicants**, employees and all third parties connected with us is of particular importance to us.
When processing personal data, Deutsche Bahn takes account of the relevant statutory provisions on privacy and data security applicable in the respective countries, as well as of our internal privacy regulations.
This Privacy Notice provides information on how Deutsche Bahn deals with personal data collected through Deutsche Bahn’s job board web pages, or that you otherwise provide to Deutsche Bahn, due to your application, and explains the handling of your personal data in the course of the application process.
For better clarity, this privacy notice is divided into three sections: The first section A provides general information relevant for all subsidiaries of Deutsche Bahn which use these web pages for their application processes. Country and subsidiary specifics with regard to privacy are then explained in section B. Section C gives you further insights into technically relevant information.
Part A - General Information
1. Which purpose has the personal data collection?
Deutsche Bahn needs your personal data to handle your application. The data you have provided to us in line with your application will only be used and processed for the purpose of applicant selection. For the handling of your application we will only use the information that you have provided to us directly. This may include details that you have stored in online career networks or other job boards.
In addition, it is our goal to make the application process as easy as possible for you. We take your application into account for further positions within our subsidiaries. In this case, we might contact you and invite you to apply for another position if your profile matches. You then decide if you are interested in applying. The same applies for any speculative application that you might have provided to us.
2. Which personal data do we collect?
We record your personal data which is relevant for, or that you provide to us during, the application process (including, but not limited to last name, first name, address, email, position you applied for, and details on your application). To be able to consider your application thoroughly we might also need information on your previous professional career and other similar information.
In the case of a speculative application which does not refer to a concrete position, we also ask for your interests (e.g. with regard to location and job groups of interest) in order to consider you for other suitable jobs.
In the case of an online application you complete the personal data in the online forms and upload the relevant documents. In the case of other application channels, we record the relevant information from your application and store your application documents.
3. Who processes the information from your application?
Due to the organizational structure of Deutsche Bahn and depending on the method of application chosen by you, your application might be processed by different divisions. In all cases, your personal data will exclusively be processed by the unit that is responsible for recruiting and, if necessary, by service providers which are contractually bound and legally obliged to comply with the applicable privacy regulations.
In your online application for a specific job or to attend a recruitment event, you can, as an external applicant, actively agree to the disclosure of your personal data for other suitable jobs in the same or another group company (both nationally and internationally). If you do not agree or if you cancel your agreement, this means that the application will cease to be considered for other jobs. If you have applied by email or post, we will inform you in the acknowledgement of application that we would also like to check your application against other job offers in the same or another group company. In this regard, we will advise you to notify us if you do not agree to this. Prior to any disclosure of your personal data, we will contact you again to obtain your express consent. You may cancel your agreement to disclosure at any time, by email or post, at the address indicated in Clause 1. Cancelling your agreement to disclosure of the application means that the application will cease to be considered for other jobs.
4. Who is informed about your application?
Your personal data is treated strictly confidentially and will be provided only to the competent persons involved in the recruitment process and to subcontractors which might deliver necessary services during the selection process (e.g. online test suppliers). For more details on subcontractors on a country and subsidiary level please refer to section B.
Should you be considered for employment, the subsequent use or disclosure of your information is limited to general accepted employment-related purposes to those with a need to know. This includes information disclosed to internal or third party providers for required pre-employment check, verification and any legal or regulatory requirements.
If you apply online, we ask you to decide to which extent we are allowed to share your personal data:
- In case you select “nationally”, your profile is visible to Personnel responsible for recruitment within the country and business unit in which the position is located or which you have selected as country of interest in the speculative application process. If in a particular country/business unit there are modifications to this, due to specific local requirements, then these are described in their respective privacy notices, Part B.
- In case you select “internationally”, your profile is visible to Personnel responsible for recruitment independent in which country they are located. This means that all responsible employees of all DB Group companies that use this platform for their recruitment purposes, including, if applicable, employees of their respective data processors, have access to your application/profile. You find out to which DB Group companies this actually applies if you turn to the overview of the attached local privacy policies (see Section B).
If you applied using any other application channel besides online application, your personal data will only be shared in the country the job is located in.
You can revise your decision on the visibility of your application at any time, for instance you may decide to withdraw your decision to be visible internationally. If you want to do so, please refer to part B and the respective country and subsidiary specific section for the concrete email address.
5. How can you change your personal data?
In the case of an online application you can access and update your profile and personal information in the job board, including your personal data and added documents, at any time. Furthermore, it is possible to withdraw an application for a position via your profile. If you want us to delete your profile and/or some or all of your applications with immediate effect, please refer to part B for the respective email address to request the deletion. In this case we will also inform any subcontractor (e.g. for online tests) who might have received your personal data and request the instant deletion of your personal data.
6. When is your personal data deleted?
Due to different deletion periods based on the diverse applicable local data protection laws please refer to the relevant paragraph in part B for further details. We will only store your personal data as long as necessary.
You have questions about data privacy?
For question and suggestions around the privacy topic please address them to our contact persons in the respective country and subsidiary named in part B.
Part B – Additional Country and Subsidiary Specific Information
Indonesia - Application Procedure at Deutsche Bahn AG or a Group Company in Indonesia
If you apply for a job at Deutsche Bahn AG or one of its group companies in Germany (except DB Schenker AG), in addition to the general information in Parts A and C of the Privacy Statement, the following country-specific features are relevant for you.
PT SCHENKER PETROLOG UTAMA (“Schenker ID”), as member of DB Schenker, global supply chain group under Schenker AG (both Schenker ID and DB Schenker global “DB Schenker”), is highly value your privacy and committed to protecting your personal data. DB Schenker will only collect and process your personal data in accordance with applicable laws including but not limited to local law of Ministry Telecommunication and Informatics Regulation No.20 of year 2016 regarding Personal Data Protection the Electronic System, and Personal Data Protection Notice herein this application.
1. Collection and Type of Personal Information
In order to be able to commence the recruitment process and to consider you as employee and joining DB Schenker, then DB Schenker will require to review your personal data which will be provided by you and/or a service provider engaged by DB Schenker.
The following are of personal data that we may collect directly from you, including but not limited to:
- your identity and background (including your name, KTP number / passport number, age, birth details, gender, race, nationality, marital status, signature, photograph, extra-curricular activities and hobbies);
- your employment and educational history (including your qualifications, employment history and education information); and
- your contact information (including your telephone number, email and address).
Such information obtained among other from the following sources:
- your Curriculum Vitae (CV) / resumes and supporting documents;
- the forms (physical and / or electronic) and supporting documents that you have or may be required to fill / submit;
- from your communications with DB Schenker (or trough Schenker ID) through various methods such as emails, social media and letters, telephone calls and conversations you have with DB Schenker personnel and/or our authorised agents; and
- from the public domain and third parties such as recruitment agencies, online job portals, your referees, current / former employers, statutory bodies, or government agencies, medical institutions, credit bureaus or agencies which provide credit or other information.
2. Purpose of processing
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to consider, assess and evaluate your suitability and qualifications for a position within DB Schenker or any of its related and associate companies and affiliates;
- to conduct pre-employment checks including verification, reference and/or background checks;
- to negotiate and make offer of employment if your application is successful;
- to develop and store a list of possible potential candidates to fill in a future post or position within DB Schenker or any of its related and associate companies and affiliates;
- contact and communication purposes;
- management reporting and to comply with legislative and statutory requirements;
- general administrative and management purposes; and
- for all other purposes in relation or incidental to the above.
Your information is necessary to us. Unless otherwise stated, all information requested by DB Schenker is obligatory. If you do not provide all the obligatory information as requested, we will not be able to keep your complete record of information, thus affecting our ability to accomplish the above stated purposes and therefore unable to fully process your application and consider you for employment.
When providing us with the information, you represent that such information is accurate, complete, up to date and true.
When your consent is required to commence the process and disclose your personal information, you consent for DB Schenker to do so including to collect, use, record, store, disclose and retain your personal data, in accordance with this Personal Data Protection Notice.
DB Schenker may also process your personal data without your further consent in circumstances as permitted by law.
4. Sensitive information
By confirming the acknowledgement of this notice, you give us your explicit consent to process your sensitive personal data such as your mental or physical health and condition, religious beliefs and misconducts (if any) for the purposes described above (if required) or as required by law. We may also obtain your sensitive personal information from other parties when it is allowed by law.
DB Schenker may process your sensitive personal data without obtain your further explicit consent in circumstances as permitted by law.
5. Disclosure of your information
DB Schenker may disclose your personal data to the following parties (including those within and outside Indonesia):
- agents, contractors, vendors and service providers (including but not limited to professional, financial and / or payment service providers) that provide services including data processing services relating to the purposes above;
- your referees, agents and advisors (including but not limited to professional advisers) and any other person notified by and authorised by you;
- credit bureaus or agencies which provide and collect credit or other information;
- government agencies / statutory bodies / authorities;
- our assignees or potential assignees, acquirers or potential acquirers and successors-in-title;
- any person, who is under a duty of confidentiality who has undertaken the responsibility to keep such data confidential;
- DB Schenker’s related and associated companies and affiliates; and
- other parties, in respect of whom you have consented to the disclosure of your personal data.
We may also disclose your personal data (within and outside Indonesia) in good faith, (i) to comply with requirements of the government, law enforcement agency, any authorities to whom DB Schenker’s is subject to or any orders of court; (ii) as is necessary or relevant in relation to any legal process; or (iii) if required or authorised by law.
6. Access, corrections and complaints
If you would like to make any inquiries or complaints or requests to access, correct or limit our processing of your personal data, you may contact our General Manager Human Resources at:
+ 91 124 4645111
+62 21 788 43 78
PT Schenker Petrolog Utama
Wisma Raharja 5th Floor
Jl TB Simatupang Kav 01
In the event of any inconsistencies between the English version and the Bahasa Indonesia version of this notice, the English version shall prevail.
Part C – Technical Information
For technical reasons, certain data must be collected and saved when you visit this website. The following data is collected without any action on your part and saved until it is automatically deleted after 10 days:
- IP address from the querying computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the file acessed,
- Website from which the access took place (referrer URL),
- the browser used and in some cases the operating system of your computer.
1. How is your personal data transferred?
The internet server of our provider meets the current security standards. Our aim is to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, publication, change and deletion. Your personal data is transferred to the servers using the security standard, the TLS method.
2. What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files which might store personal data. Cookies can be sent to this website when it is called, allowing the user to be identified. Cookies help users to use internet sites more easily.
2.1 How are cookies used?
This is an information of how and in what manner cookies are used on our sites.
Please note that when you delete all cookies, you are also deleting any opt-out cookies, meaning that you must opt out again.
Cookies that are mandatory for using the site:
Session cookies cannot be deactivated as they are necessary for the usage of this website.
The “PHPSESSID cookie” and the "ScustomPortal-[...] cookie" are used by the platform on stateless protocols as identification criteria to recognize several associated requests of a client and to assign them to one session. In these cookies there is a long alphanumerical ID included which is also stored on the server. In case both IDs match, the client is allowed to send a request to the server. The session and the cookie are destroyed as soon as the page is closed.
Cookies that are not mandatory for site use include Google Analytics cookies. Please refer to item 3.
3. Use of Adobe Analytics
The information generated by the cookie is transferred to an Adobe server in the USA and stored there. Since a technique for anonymizing your IP address is activated on this website, your IP address will be shortened beforehand. Adobe will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services to us relating to website activity and internet usage. In this way we can see how often which sections and texts on our pages are read and used, and whether the design of our page has an influence on the extent of use. The statistics obtained allow us to improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. Entries made in form fields during the application process are not evaluated with Adobe Analytics.
Adobe provides us with this information only as aggregate data that represents general website usage. The information we receive from Adobe is not personalized nor is it possible to link it to one specific individual.
The legal basis for the use of Adobe Analytics is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
You can object to the creation of the user profiles described above at any time. There are several ways of doing so:
1.) One possibility to object to web analysis by Adobe Analytics is to set an opt-out cookie that instructs Adobe not to store or use your data for web analysis purposes. Please note that with this solution, the web analysis will only not take place as long as the opt-out cookie is stored by the browser. If you would like to set the opt-out cookie now, please click here: http://www.adobe.com/de/privacy/opt-out.html
2.) You can also prevent the storage of the cookies used for profile creation by setting your browser software accordingly.
Please note: if you delete the cookies on your device, the opt-out cookie will also be deleted, so you need to exercise your objection again.
4. Use of YouTube
We want to give you a wide variety of information across media formats. Our website includes embedded YouTube videos. We merely enable a connection to YouTube. YouTube is a service of Google Inc., Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
The privacy-enhanced mode is activated for all YouTube videos on our website. The privacy-enhanced mode is provided by YouTube and ensures that YouTube does not save any cookies containing personal data on your computer. When the website is called up and in the embedding of the videos the IP address is transmitted. This will not be assigned to any other data if before you call up the page you have not logged in to YouTube or another Google service or if you are not permanently logged in.
When you click to play the embedded video, the privacy-enhanced mode means that YouTube saves on your computer only cookies that do not contain any personally identifiable data. These cookies can be disabled in the browser settings and extensions. YouTube sets a session cookie that is deleted when you close your browser.
For more information on the integrated YouTube videos, see YouTube's informational page under: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/171780?hl=de
* To Deutsche Bahn belong all subsidiary companies of Deutsche Bahn AG.
** For reasons of better legibility, the simultaneous use of male and female language forms is dispensed with. However, all descriptions apply to all gender types.